.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

How to run a marathon in 10 days

I wish I could run like no one's timing, I wish I could let my soul lay bare, I wish I could just go a prancing, I wish music's in the air. PS: All characters in this blog are a pigment of my motley palate, any resemblance to real persons is purely intentional.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, India

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

How to run a marathon in 10 days

Greetings fellow earthlings!

September 17th was the day I ‘attempted’ the full monty for the first time, through the bylanes of Bangalore… no… no… not like those ancient greeks... more like a modern geek where I tracked my locomotion via GPS.

As I contemplated my run through the streets of ‘apna’ silicon city, in the days leading to the marathon, I felt that in ones lifetime there is always this sudden proliferation of thoughts, fueled by chance and circumstance, that should be captured in words. So as practice for the marathon I also ran a marathon blog, with an article a day that keeps the doctor at bay. Why you ask.. Well why not… err that and have you noticed the prices of apples lately!!!!!!

The basic idea was to capture events of the day, big events, miniscule events and give them an ephemeral life of their own. Each day was packed with a kaleidoscope of emotions; happy, sad, hungry; and I picked up some of them, some waxed, some waned, finally etching themselves in the memory of the third dimension. I wanted to see and capture how it evolved... And its always poetry that begets poetry. There is no other way :-) Poetry in motion …… naaaaahhhh !!!!! more like Limmericks in Portion….

So here it is… again… the blog inspired from those sleazy, slapstick, wannabe introspective motion pictures, ‘How to... in 10 days’.

Why 10 days??? Allegory, metaphor, movie buff, wannabe writer, verbal diarrhoea... :-)

Read the entries in this order.
Sept 8th: Dream a little dream with me
Sept 9th: Reality Bites
Sept 10th: Understanding Others, Educating Ourselves
Sept 11th: The Company I keep
Sept 12th: Hell Freezes Over
Sept 13th: Climb 'The Matterhorn'
Sept 14th: Painter Song
Sept 15th: Midnight's Programmers
Sept 16th: Without Limits
Sept 17th: The Full Monty

After the marathon a journalist came up to me and asked me about my first full marathon experience. Here is what came in the Times of India, Bangalore on 18th Sept.

Run!!!
Alistair

3 Comments:

Blogger Opasna said...

Your TOI link is not working :)

By the way, great talk on why you wanted to run to begin with in your "Dream post". I had some issues growing up and could never run myself. But in 2005 some how my gym running helped, in 2006 all of a sudden the stamina and will-power kicked in and on 23rd July I finally completed my 26 miler!

1:04 AM  
Blogger Alistair D'souza said...

updated the TOI link... It should work now.

and congrats on your full marathon too :-)

2:22 AM  
Blogger Ahne SD said...

Thank you for sharing

Gifts For Runners That They Will Love and Actually Use

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home