.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

How to run a marathon in 10 days

I wish I could run like no one's timing, I wish I could let my soul lay bare, I wish I could just go a prancing, I wish music's in the air. PS: All characters in this blog are a pigment of my motley palate, any resemblance to real persons is purely intentional.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, India

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Sept 9th: Reality Bites

"He can who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't.
This is an inexorable, indisputable law."
- Pablo Picasso

And what about those who are not sure, what about myyyyy type. And even if you think you can then how do you go about it. I mean what is it with these intellectual artist guys anyway. They think they know all the secrets of the world and they come up with these quotable quotes that are innndissspuuuttable, mind you. I think they actually take pleasure in coming up with these ambiguous statements that play both ends against the middle, and they expect you to be ennnliggghhtennnedddd, so to speak. Enlightened... I'm confused!!! I think its a conspiracy... they actually want you to think that there are similar truths to decode in their art..... Ahh ha!! Thats why you find so many people staring at paintings.... "Talk to me... Talk to me..." and in the bargain some poor soul who doesn't know what to do with his money goes and buys the so called 'art' so that he can have his own private conversations!!!!!

What if I had to go around saying,"He CAN'T who thinks he CAN, and he CAN who thinks he CAN'T." Innndissspuuuttable... you tell me, and if you think it is then I'll go paint a picture!!!

Ok, I'm in no shape to make polite conversation... Actually I'm a bit apprehensive about my worldwide declaration yesterday. I mean who am I kidding right.... I'm a geek, I'm chubby to put it in a nice way, I'm more of a raging bull, I'm bad at golf, I'm no good at cricket, I've goofed up big time in a girls school, I'm ashamed of my sexy legs, I write poems... poems are like mimes!!! I think I'm a war hero who would like to be born on the 3rd of July, I was a Hell's Angel in school, I've got lost in the woods, I've tried the Emperor's New clothes, I've missed the bus and its friday and I'm sitting at home watching this 'Reality Bites' series on VH1 called 'Can't get a Date'. I mean I've even tried to romance a road.... a road!!!! And then AJ walks in and says, "What are you watching man. Look at Dhruv he just returned after a 3 month recovery from a leg operation and he's getting SMSes from his physiotherapist." Hey I can't help it if this channel is stored as zero, which pops up whenever I switch the idiot box on!!!

Maybe its a sign. I mean I can't do it, I can't help it, I've tried... I even picked up this book from Blossoms about Lance Armstrong called 'It's not about the bike', thinking its about this triathelete who won races by cycling all the way. So if you're thinking of cheating by using a bike I've got news for you, don't buy the book!!! I'm just running so that I can brag about the fact that in doing so I sometimes have 5-6 girls running after me. I think my problem is that I'm just trying to compete with the sun for the centre of the universe and we all know what happens then... I'll get burnt!!! I think I need a physiotherapist... I mean a psychiatrist... Now don't you go telling me to go break a leg or anything!!!

Ok calm down now. Think. Think. Thats what you're good at. Well atleast you think you are. Hmmmm... Breathe... Errrr... I'm a geek in geektown. How do I put my knowledge to use out here.... Engineering, chemistry, physics... laws of physics... hmph... gravity really gets me down!!! Sigh....

Laws of physics... hmmmm.... well I was in Delhi last year where this crow pooped on my head... summer time... afternoon.... Lucky they say. If I was lucky I wouldn't be standing there in the first place. However we decided to clean and cool ourselves down with these sprinklers. The two of us became little kids as we ran around following the spray of water, spurting out of this device that employs simple physics principles in ingenious ways. The energy in the universe remains constant. We were witness to this phenomenon as the force of moving water turned the nozzle around and finally transferred the energy to us. "Cool!".

Today morning while I was approaching the end of my practice run, I exchanged notes with this person, "Lace", I said as I ran ahead. "I know. I can't stop now", came the reply while I turned back to exchange smiles and an understanding, as I ran with a little bit more energy. Energy in the universe remains constant but it can be transferred, with a little help from our inter and intra-personal skills. Eureka!!! Eureka!!!! I smell something out here, like wet mud on a rainy day. Eureka!!! Eureka!!!!

PS: Don't worry I won't go running around naked. Yeah and I hope the runner didn't trip and break a leg... physiotherapist or no physiotherapist. There is this old chinese saying, "Ai Bang Mai Ni". Think about it.



Sept 10th: Understanding Others, Educating Ourselves

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing man....now i also dream of running marathon someday..can even feel as if i m already running ;)

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home